Often I think people look at life as something bounded by limitations rather than ripe with possibilities. I want to live my life in the latter condition, but sometimes I still think…
If I had the money:
- I would buy a mountain cabin in the woods, overlooking a lake and peaks above treeline.
If I had the time:
- I would make Star Wars movies with my kids, and do real light saber special effects using “Shake.”
- I would spend more time outside at night and learn many more constellations, and how to really use our telescope.
- I’d excercise regularly.
- I would propose we homeschool our kids for a year and travel around the country, shooting home-grown video documentaries with our kids and blogging.
If I had more power:
- I’d buy every student in the USA an OLPC $100 laptop, and provide a fulltime teacher-technologist at every school to provide just-in-time professional development for teachers who wanted and needed it.
- I’d provide funds so every child at every school could take at least three field trips (REAL, not virtual) in their local area every semester.
- I’d repeal all the curricular mandates passed by state legislatures, redirect all funds currently used for testing and put them toward higher teacher salaries, and ask all the teachers to be as innovative, creative, fun and engaging as they could be as they designed project-based learning experiences for the students in their care all year.
- I’d make the US legislators who have passed all these ridiculous laws about standardized testing put their own children and grandchildren in the lowest SES schools where teachers are drilling and killing kids to utter boredom, and make those kids stay in those schools all year until their legislative parents and grandparents repented of their sins.
- I’d ask all schools to do away with their bell schedules, divide up the students among the teachers in multi-age groups (this is in secondary settings too) and have teachers teach kids with content instead of teaching content to kids.
- I’d setup incentive grant programs so more teachers could work in internships for a month of the year with local businesses, seeing the job force skills firsthand that graduates and new employees are expected to have and readily learn.
- I’d change the predominant form of school financing in the United States from the inherently inequitable property tax model to a flat tax model which would put most tax accountants and tax lawyers out of business and make them get more productive jobs.
- I’d setup a volunteer task force to redesign the US school governance model, so innovation, creativity, and reasoned-risk taking among teachers and administrators would be naturally encouraged within the system rather than quashed and silenced.
But that’s just if…..
On this day..
- 选择自己的冒险YouTube视频：经验教训 - 2017
- 从知识渊博的运动学生知情人：迈克尔·韦斯奇在tedxkc - 2014
500 Internal Server Error- 十大线上网赌网址-欢迎您
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.- 2013
- 帮助塑造俄克拉荷马城公立学校的愿景：星期天8月4日 - 2013
- 书我的愿望清单感谢Bob sprankle上 - 2012
- 12个图形来说明映射介质至该课程 - 2012
- 短语“CIPA标准的内容”可能会产生误导 - 2011
- iPad应用程序的教室#blackfootetc - 2011
- 在超级互联世界的#blackfootetc变革的人脉关系 - 2011
- 从每天671次列车六：在旅行和学习的转变 - 2010